to maintain the intellectual integrity of you documents.
view the correction and improvement of your document as a collaborative
process between our experts in technical English and you,
the author. Critically, this ensures that your original ideas are
conveyed. In addition, both learn from the process: you learn
from your mistakes and thereby improve your English; the editor
a deeper understanding of your work. We have a very positive
experience of such ongoing partnerships and discounts are offered.
usual process is as follows:
• you send us your text to be corrected or, preferably, the document
to be corrected, as it is useful to see the text in context
i.e. with graphics etc.
• we give you a quotation and, when approved, go ahead with the correction
• we return a draft document with two types of correction
straightforward corrections e.g. grammatical and orthographical
ii) more complex changes proposed where your original text lacks clarity i.e.
your intended meaning may be in doubt
• the author reviews the changes to approve, the type i) corrections,
and consider, the type ii) ones
• author and editor arrange a time to discuss corrections
• editor sends a polished document to the author, accompanied by feedback
on the language errors identified in the original text.
there are several authors, we like to have a principal contact,
but are happy to discuss changes also with
other interested parties.
Note that the cycle of correction and consultation
may need to be repeated for complex documents requiring
translation of a document by its nature requires less communication
with the author than correction.
Nevertheless, to achieve a translated
version which is not literal but completely faithful
the original we may still wish to contact the
author. For example, in the case
that the meaning of some phrases in the original
is ambiguous, to be sure that the correct emphasis
Back to the top